Thursday, July 22, 2010

Operation Potty Train Has Commenced

I've purposely been putting off the whole potty training thing until after the beach trip so now I have no excuse! I've spent this week arming ourselves with a few necessities:

Potty - check
Go Diego Go Underwear - check
Dora's Potty Book - check
Potty Training Boys (for me) - check
My Potty Reward Stickers - check
Potty Power DVD (as recommended by my friends at Three Little Monkeys Blog) - check

We've had the potty for a few weeks and its just been chilling up in Vince's bedroom till we were ready. He's sat on it both dressed and undressed a handful of times to check it out but never for more than a few seconds. I've mentioned that he was gonna start going on the potty and we've read our books together but he surprised the crap out of me (pardon the pun) when I went to get him after his nap today. I walked in the room and he said, "mommy diaper off poo-poo potty." Of course I ripped that diaper off and dragged the potty out. He sat and read and sat some more. We read 5 books while he sat there. He didn't pee or poop but I was so proud of him for just sitting there! Way to go Vince! Maybe this potty training thing won't be too bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment