Thursday, June 24, 2010

Children's Museum

Since its SO hot outside, I decided to take Vince to the new Children's Museum in Short Pump today. Its a lot smaller than the other one but geared more toward his age group. They have a castle, water play, a train, a giant ship, and more. He had a blast! Hannah even came to play before we left.

This beautiful fish tank greeted us at the entrance. He was SOLD from this point on! Then we headed over to the water tables. He was not a fan of the apron I made him wear:
But once he gave up trying to get the apron off, he had lots of fun with the water.


And even splashed himself good...needless to say this was the end of the water fun!
Then he went to the garden to pick some vegetables (must've been for someone else though, my child sure won't eat his veggies...):

He's saying "bunny hop" in this picture.
Then he was off to pick some berries:

Then he wanted to build stuff:


Hannah and Erin joined us unexpectedly! We were so happy to see them! Hannah is captain of the ship here:
Meanwhile Vince mops the deck:

Now he's the captain of his own (little) ship:
Vince and I had already ridden the train twice before they got there so it was their turn:
"Bye Hannah, bye"
I love the next 3 pictures. Vince found this flower and wanted Hannah to have it. What a gentleman!

Then we did some artwork:
Then my OCD child had to "fix" the marker situation. All the markers were capped with the wrong color so he had to take charge:
Introducing King Vince and Queen Hannah:
I believe Erin K said, "I'm so glad I spent $16 to read books". Hannah LOVES to read!
Our last hoorah was the train one more time before leaving for lunch and nap BUT there wasn't enough room for me so Vince had to ride by himself. Given what you know about my child, how do YOU think this ride ended? He looks pretty confident before the ride started, doesn't he? I think he's saying, "I got this, mom". Does he enjoy the ride by himself or have a meltdown? Scroll down to see the finished face:










Yeah, anybody surprised by this face at all? Didn't think so! Halfway through the ride, I heard my child screaming, "OUT....OUT.....OUT". I wish it wasn't so blurry but the train was still going....
He really did enjoy the museum though but at $16/visit we won't be going too much. We're looking forward to library story time starting up again next week.

1 comment:

  1. It looks wonderful!! I really hope to take Cate in the near future! It's a nice alternative to the outdoors when it's soo hot!

    ReplyDelete