Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bargain Shopping

I didn't really have any plans for us today but I wanted to get out of the house for awhile. I mentioned going to the book store to look for some new bedtime books and Vince seemed excited so we got dressed and headed out the door. Turns out that Borders wasn't open yet but the Dollar Store next to it was so we ventured inside. I've never been a dollar store shopper but we scored big today! We got an inflatable ring, ball, and float for the pool, some Sesame Street coloring books, some Cars stamps, a pack of Mickey Mouse counting flash cards, a "fishing pole set".....

a baseball bat.....
a rake...
(I just thought this was funny. He ran at me saying, "No Cheese, No Cheese"...guess he was tired of pics!)
and a shovel....
Anyone else a little frightened by how well he uses that shovel? Are Italians born with that skill?? HAHA just kidding :)
Once Borders finally opened we picked out a new bedtime story then as we were leaving Vince found this gem on the clearance rack. Its a Wiggles book with an iPod like music player attached. We have tried avoiding the Wiggles at home but I know they listen to it and dance at school so he immediately started dancing and singing, "salad, yummy yummy, salad, yummy yummy". Needless to say, I went back in and bought it! He is so proud of his Wiggles music player. He's been running around the house all night saying, "My Wiggles."
I also got him 2 new swim trunks from the consignment shop that I frequent. So if anyone's counting: Dollar Store deals $11, Wiggles music book $3.50, 2 Swim trunks $9, quality time with my new bargain shopping partner....priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment