Saturday, May 15, 2010

Who's ready for some arts and crafts????

Happy Birthday Popi! Today is Popi's birthday AND Vince's birthday party! Yes, if you're keeping track that means we have 3 generations of Zatelli men with birthdays one right after the next. Since Vince loves to do artwork, I thought an arts and crafts birthday party would be FUN.....and messy! Here's some of my set-up pictures before the guests arrived:
The party favors ("paint cans" with paint brushes, paint, coloring books, crayons, and some candy):
Colorful artist palettes:
Some of the food (I didn't get a pic of the other food table):

The beautiful AND delicious cake that Noni made him:
The sidewalk chalk station:
The painting station: (they could paint a canvas and/or a figurine)
The playdoh station:
The coloring station with markers and crayons to color Vince's birthday banner:
Once the guests arrived, the kids jumped right in to their artwork.







Then it was time to play:
The new playhouse was a hit!

And there's Hannah (Vince's girlfriend).....flirting with an older boy!! I hope Vince didn't see it!
Even the grandparents were having a good time watching the messy madness!
Then came time to sing and blow out his candle.
Now it was time for the last messy project......decorating their own cupcake! I helped them put icing on their cupcake and then gave them a cup of sprinkles. Vince meticulously placed his sprinkles but I don't think he ate any of his own cake. As everyone there will attest to though, it was DELICIOUS! Thanks Noni!
Thanks to Ali for taking pictures for me while I was trying to host the party. Here's one she got of Noni, me, Grandma, and the birthday boy!
Now it was present time! He was so excited to see all those gifts!
And quickly remembered how to rip open packages:


Cooper liked Vince's new chair:

Last but not least.....the BUBBLE DANCE PARTY! Vince loves bubbles so I thought we'd end the party with one of his favorite activities.

Time for a few more photo ops. Here's me with Whitney and Cooper:
All the girls (except Grandma, who was inside cleaning up the kitchen as a nice surprise to me...thanks mom!)
The birthday boy let me get 1 picture with him:
I think his party was a succes and he had a great time! Thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate with us! I can't believe how fast 2 years has gone by!

1 comment:

  1. VERY impressed with all of your fun and crafty ideas!!! Looks like y'all had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete