Sunday, May 26, 2013

Emotions

I apologize in advance, this is a pretty depressing post.  I just need to vent and share some emotions. Go ahead and get some tissues, you will need them.  I promise to get back to light hearted posts soon, I just can't get past this today.  Just last week, one of the most influential and inspiring professors of mine from Pharmacy School was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer.  I learned today that she passed away yesterday.  She was only 38 years old and leaves behind a 2 year old daughter and a 4 month old baby girl.  She never even had the chance to fight and she would've fought with everything in her.  She had such a zest for life and never stopped smiling. She was bubbly and sweet and such a class act.  She was influential to so many careers, including my own. Not only did those 2 sweet girls lose their mommy but the profession of pharmacy lost a treasure.  I feel sorry for the future students at VCU School of Pharmacy who will never have the pleasure of learning from her.  I am having such a hard time dealing with this....I guess it just hits too close to home.  It sure made me appreciate these boys more today!  I hugged them extra tight and enjoyed my time with them even more than usual.  

I can't imagine never seeing this smile again....  
 or never watching this goofball make everyone belly laugh at dinner...
 or never getting to rock and tuck my baby in at night....
 or never getting my big tired boy to sleep on my lap...
 and I surely can't imagine never seeing these sweet angels grow up...

If this teaches me anything its that life is way too short and to enjoy and appreciate every day I have here....and that I need to start getting mammograms ASAP.  RIP Amy Whitaker Rudenko, you touched many lives will be missed by many.  



1 comment:

  1. I had the pleasure of watching amy grow up alongside my sister and that special spark she brought to teaching she carried from an early age. Some things in life are impossible to fathom and this tragic loss is one of them.

    ReplyDelete