Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day o' Crafting

Considering that it was FREEZING today, I had no interest in leaving the house....or getting out of my pajamas for that matter. So, we did arts and crafts almost all day. I love that Vince loves to be creative. I saw this idea on another blog and knew that we could do it....and knew that I happened to have lots of green felt and some colorful buttons on hand....don't ask. Vince loves any chance he gets to use glue....I hope that doesn't turn into a bad habit one day! HA! I think it turned out pretty cute and its now hanging over our mantle! Then we made some cute Santas with his handprint....which looks really large in this picture. No wonder Tony always said Vince had big paws on him.
We also wrote his letter to Santa:

Lastly, we (ok, mostly me) made a keepsake ornament with his wish list, name, and date on it. I saw this in Oriental Trading Company's catalog and knew I wanted to order it (but I'm sure it can be made without buying anything...I just don't sew therefore no spools hanging out here). It came as a 12 pack so I figure I can make one each year so we always remember what he asked Santa for that year. And here it is on the tree:
Cute, huh? Hope everyone stayed warm today :) Too bad I have to actually get out of the house tomorrow....yuck!

1 comment:

  1. Yet another impressive day of crafts!! You're such a good momma! And i love the oriental trading list - what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete