Tuesday, November 17, 2015

RACE DAY!

Saturday was RACE DAY!  3+ months of training, tons of miles logged, lots of mimosas and huge brunches later...it was finally time!  Sara couldn't run with us (she had a conference out of town all weekend) but Erin and I represented!  Friday night we went to Mama Cucina's for a carb loading dinner then ran to Target to get some "throw away clothes" for the race.  2 moms, Target, no kids....yeah, we may have had some fun too!  We totally NEED this sweater, don't we?  
 AHHHHHH!  Got all my stuff ready to go!
 I left my house to pick her up at 5:30am!!!!!!!  We are INSANE!
 We had to stand around in the cold for awhile so we bundled up really well then shed them a mile or so in.
WE DID IT!!!!!!  I never ever ever thought I would/could do a half marathon.  Literally July 28 I couldn't run to the end of my street and Saturday I ran 13.1 miles (2.5 hours) straight.  I got teary eyed a few times when it hit me what I had done.  Erin, Sara, and I are already planning our next race!
 I love this girl.  Like really and truly, I love her!  She is an amazing person and friend.  I couldn't have survived this or really anything this last almost 2 years without her by my side.

 Crossing the finish line!


 My official time!  37 year old mom of 2 kids with absolutely NO history of athleticism....I'll take it!
 I now consider myself a runner and I'm really proud of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment