Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Keeping busy

You may be asking yourself...what does a girl on bed rest do all day? Or maybe you really haven't given it another thought but I'm gonna tell you anyway. Well, it involves a LOT of internet browsing and Pinterest stalking. There are so many great ideas out there....I wish I was creative enough to come up with them on my own but instead I have to copy them.

Here was one I saw at No Time for Flash Cards. It's a word search game for Vince. I tried to make words that I knew he'd recognize such as zoo, dog, Vince, mom, dad, roar (we read a lot of dinosaur books), etc.
He was pretty excited about it. He didn't find them all but he did a great job!
I also found this at Target's dollar section a few weeks ago and tucked it away. It was the greatest $1 I've ever spent. Not only does he have to recognize letters by sound (such as "what is the first letter in Hat?") but by sight too. He has to scour however many cards he has to find the right letters. He LOVED this game! I highly recommend breaking the bank to get this game!
I also saw this marshmallow sculpture idea and knew he'd like to build something....and we had all the equipment (marshmallows and toothpicks) at home. Just look at the concentration on his face!
Ok, so I helped "a little"....

And the best part: We got to eat the tools! Did I mention that he apparently loves marshmallows???
Lastly, I made a fall wreath. This was my first attempt at a wreath but I happened to have extra yarn from wrapping the letters in Dominic's room and felt from a craft I tried at Christmas time. You can't see the colors of the flowers very well against my table but it turned out pretty cute. I can't wait till fall so I can hang it up proudly!
So, that was Sunday and Monday. At this rate, I should have a genius child and be fully decorated for the holidays before Dominic is born. I just hate sitting still and watching tv all day....I have to be doing something productive!

Oh and a quick 36 week update: BP was "ok". She took more blood for labs but so far no sign of pre-eclampsia (yay!). I am 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. She hinted at inducing in 2-3 weeks so he'll be here SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment